Main Portal Page
- Prominent link to data tools (Google Charts with data export)
- Create exportable datasets/visualisations that can be shared and commented on
- Data summary (e.g. taxa totals, no. active users)
- Monocot research (new scholarly articles feed)
- Social? Twitter?
- Most mentions of Scratchpad should be eMonocot Scratchpad
- eMonocot logo (top-right) should link to main site/portal
- At the bottom of "eMonocot Scratchpads Task Guide: getting started" there are many links to non-eMonocot Scratchpads
Help Files, Training & Documentation
Replace Carnidae with a plant example that make use of plant-specific fields like hybrids (subset of Grassbase as a test dataset)
Create an eMonocot-specific sandbox (Scratchpads version 2.0?)
When you access a Demo Site the user is presented with a mixture of help & training making it potentially very confusing for a new user.
From the getting started page there are multiple ways to find help & documentation that is not all relevant:
- Top navigation bar (the only appropriate help?)
- Links in Task Guide: getting started:
- training course link (not relevant - there should be eMonocot specific training here)
- manual of the basic training course (takes you to an old Word document)
- Issues > Help at bottom "Scratchpad Help Page" (not relevant)
The task list is a good place to direct new users but for eMonocot it should have a bullet for Create Taxon Description following Add a Biological Classification.
Demo Site Workflows/Design
- 1. A single obvious way to access basic training (direct users to Task List?)
- 2. Possibility to turn off basic training so a trainer can present custom training of particular features without any visual distractions.